Columbus Technical College students have an obligation to assist in making the College an effective place for the transmission of knowledge, the pursuit of truth, the development of self, and the improvement of society. As citizens, students enjoy the freedoms that other citizens enjoy, and in turn, they are responsible for conducting themselves in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- The College prohibits behavior that disturbs the academic pursuits or infringes upon the privacy rights or privileges of other persons.
- The College prohibits pushing, striking, physically assaulting, or threatening any member of the faculty, staff, student body, or any visitor to the College.
- The College prohibits harassing or attempting to harass any member of the College, individually or collectively, by banter, ridicule, criticism, humiliation, or any other physical or mental technique.
- The College prohibits any member of the College from sexually harassing another member of the College.
- The College prohibits being intoxicated on College property or at functions sponsored by the College.
- The College prohibits lewd, indecent, and obscene conduct.
- Columbus Technical College is a smoke free campus. Smoking, to include e-cigs/vapes, is restricted to the canopy in the upper parking lot near the library.
Students must adhere to all rules, regulations, and policies of the College and must also adhere to student-conduct regulations as published in this catalog and student handbook. Students who violate the student-conduct regulations are subject to disciplinary proceedings as prescribed in this catalog and student handbook and other publications for students.