Columbus Technical College is dedicated to the following:
- Campus Safety and Security: Recognition of the importance of creating an inviting and secure environment for all members of the college community.
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning: The belief that work ethics, academic skills, critical thinking skills, technical competence, and lifelong learning are desirable attributes of society.
- Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainability: The importance of maintaining a fiscally sound, efficient, and effective college operation. The use of all resources-human, facilities, and financial-to the optimum benefit of our current and future students, staff, and community.
- Customer Service: Accessible, responsive, and personal service for everyone that is fast, friendly, and easy.
- Inclusiveness and Respect: The individual worth and value of every human being. The respect for individual rights, responsibilities, property, environment, and authority.
- Integrity and Responsibility: The necessity for all persons to develop integrity and a sense of responsibility for their own decisions and behavior.
- Dignity in all Work: The value of all occupations and professions that meet basic human needs.
- Economic Vitality: The building of a workforce that is unparalleled in the global environment and adaptable to the demands of a multicultural society (i.e., a workforce that supports existing business and industry and attracting new business and industry).
- Community Relationships: The collaboration with secondary and post-secondary institutions, business, industry, community organizations, government agencies, and individuals to foster community pride and unity.
- Quality and Innovation: The pursuit of excellence in all we do. Commitment to upholding high academic standards, providing a quality educational environment, maintaining quality in all aspects of our work. The use of progressive and creative approaches to problem solving and goal accomplishment.
- Student Access and Success: Offering open access to comprehensive educational programs and services including learning support services; general education; and career and technical certificates, diplomas, and degrees to our students.
- Diversity and Equality of Opportunity: The rights and opportunities of all persons to pursue, obtain, and improve employability skills commensurate with their abilities, ambitions, and motivation without regard to race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled-veteran status, veteran-of-the-Vietnam-Era status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
College Core Competencies:
The college is committed to the following core competencies:
Proper use of grammar
Proper use of oral communication
Resource and reference usage