The Career Connections Center assists current and former students, and graduates, in obtaining employment by enhancing job readiness and employability skills and by helping students assess and redesign career paths. Services we offer include:
- *Job Postings: The Career Connections Center maintains an active list of job opportunities from employers. Please view jobs posted here.
- Resume evaluation
- *Interview preparation
- *Career exploration
- Computers for student use
- Career fairs
- *Internet access to job sites
- Career counseling
- *Instructional videos and reference materials
Asterisks notate our Exclusive College Central Network Services Job Board which provides an abundance of information concerning the topics notated.
- Application Tips
This guide gives you practical tips for completing job applications. Many companies use job applications, and most applicants are screened out at this stage. Learn techniques to pass the initial application screening.
- Career Fair Tips
Career fairs can provide you with the opportunity to make valuable contacts and learn more about various job opportunities in a variety of career fields. Learn how to get the most out of this opportunity.
- Cover Letters
The cover letter introduces you and provides an opportunity for you to customize your message to the employer. This guide shows you how to make a good first impression, and includes sample letters.
- Dress and Grooming for Job Success
Many of us object to being judged for employment based on how we look. We prefer to be hired because of our skills and abilities, not because of our dress and grooming. But that’s not how potential employers see it. However much we like it or not, appearance is important.
- Interview Tips
Learn 10 tips for a successful interview and review sample interview questions and answers.
Links to internet job search resources, including job listing sites, staffing agencies, federal and state governments, and private companies by industry/region.
This guide shows you how to prepare reference information for use in your job search, and includes sample references.
- Resignation Letters
This letter will likely be kept in your personnel file and could impact references from this employer. Learn what to include and view a sample.
- Resume Preparation
This guide to “Putting You on Paper” shows you how to write an effective resume, and includes many example skill statements, action words and sample resumes.
- Transferable Skills
This list of transferable skills can help you identify your strengths and market yourself to potential employers.
- Thank-You Letters
The interview is over and you can relax— wrong! The thank-you letter or note is the final touch. This guide includes format tips and sample letters.
Internet Job Search Resources
- Job Postings at the Career Connections Center
View jobs employers have posted directly to Columbus Technical College.
- Georgia Career Information System (GCIS)
Access current and accurate occupational and educational information to make an informed career choice.
Use GeorgiaHire, a free, online recruiting service that helps employers find college-educated talent. Students may register online, post a resume, and search jobs.
Visit the healthcare job board MedHunters.com and search for positions.
Register, post a resume, and view jobs on CareerBuilder.
Information on jobs with KIA.
Services for Employers
The Career Connections Center helps employers connect with qualified students and graduates to fill employment vacancies. Services for employers include:
- Employers may list jobs with Columbus Technical College after they have created an account with CTC Exclusive job board, free of charge.
- Employers may specify criteria that successful job applicants must meet.
- Employers will have the ability to review resumes posted on our exclusive College Central Network job board.
- Employers may request interview facilities.
How to Post a Job
- Use our online job posting form
- Our staff will review your position before making it viewable to students/graduates
For more information, please contact the Career Connections Center:
Office Location: P600
Phone: 649-7512 or 649-1055
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.