Entrance into any Health Science program is contingent on the completion of a Background Check and Drug Screening from Clinical Backgrounds.
Student Background Check/Drug Screen Instructions
- Student will have to log on to www.clinicalbackgrounds.com to submit your personal information and payment. The cost will be $60.00
- This cost will cover your criminal background check and drug screening. (Master Card and Visa Accepted)
PLEASE NOTE: PROCESSING OF YOUR BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED FOR THESE SERVICES.
- Bring your chain-of-custody drug screening form (given to you by your school) to one of the LabCorp locations. Some local locations are listed below, a full list of LabCorp locations can be found on-line at www.labcorp.com or by calling 800-845-6167.
1920 WARM SPRINGS RD
COLUMBUS, GA 31
COLUMBUS, GA 31
1123 E LAMAR ST
AMERICUS, GA 31709
223 W COLLEGE ST STE A
GRIFFIN, GA 30224
347 SAINT LUKES DR
MONTGOMERY, AL 36117
507 W 3RD AVE STE B
ALBANY, GA 31701
550 PEACHTREE ST NE STE 1650
ATLANTA, GA 30308
Once you have submitted your personal information, payment on-line and have completed your drug screen, your educational institution will be notified of your status by the clinical site.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at Columbus Regional Health at 706-660-6300.
Questions and Answers
What is the cost of the new background/drug screen program?
The base cost for background check is $60.00. .
What is the $60.00 paying for?
- Unlimited Criminal County Level Search
- 9 Panel Drug Screen
- SSN Trace
- OIG Search
- National Sex Offender Search
- OFAC Search
- EPLS Search
What drugs will the drug screen test for?
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
What is the timeframe students must have their drug screen completed from the time they are given the chain-of-custody form?
How long will the background check and drug screen be valid for students and instructors?
For students, as long as they remain within the program and/or school we will not require them to complete another background/drug screen. If the student drops out of the program and/or school and is accepted back into the program, then at that time they will have to submit to another background/drug screen. For instructors, the background and drug screen will remain valid for 3 years. If an instructor leaves or is terminated from the school and the school requires them to resubmit new hire paperwork again, then we would require that employee to conduct another background/drug screen.
If an instructor is already an employee of Columbus Regional or St. Francis, will they need to complete to background and drug screen?
No, as long as the instructor is still an active employee in any role, they will not need to complete the background and drug screening.
How far out from acceptance into a program can students complete the criminal background and drug screen?
60 days. On average the criminal background and drug screen results will be complete within 3-4 business days.
What are the basic step-by-step procedures for the new background/drug screen policy?
- Students are given the drug screen chain-of-custody form (from the school) and instructions or how to complete their criminal background and payment.
(On-line at www.studentbackgrounds.com).
- Students submit their personal information (for background purposes) and payment on-line and report to a LabCorp drug screening site.
- Once the drug screen/background results are complete, the hospital will be notified of the results. Once the results are approved or denied by the hospital, an e-mail will be sent to the point of contact at the school, notifying them of the status of their student/instructor.
How will the schools be notified that a student is cleared?
Who from the clinical sites/hospital will be clearing or answering questions about the criminal backgrounds and drug screens?
Human Resources, Columbus Regional Health: (706) 660-6300.