We are excited that you are considering Columbus Technical College. Below you will find all the information you need to successfully apply and be admitted.
If you would like to visit campus to see our programs and speak with staff, we have weekly campus tours.
New students may apply for admissions to Columbus Technical College using the Adobe Acrobat version of our college application, or apply online through GAcollege411.org. You may also visit our Admissions Office in person for an application, or call us at 706.649.1847 to have an application mailed to you.
- Online Admission Application for new applicants
Admissions Application (pdf)
Once you complete the application, please mail, fax or deliver it to the college using the contact information provided on the application.
- Online admissions application through GAcollege411.org If you have never created an account with GAcollege411, please view or print a copy of our GAcollege411 tips before getting started.
The Columbus Technical College Application Fee is $25. Please review the Admissions Checklist to complete the admissions process. For more information, please call 706-649-1847 or email email@example.com.
For more information on tuition rates and other fees, please review the Business Office information.
High School Students
Please review Programs for High School Students for information on Dual Enrollment and other programs.
Please use the International Student Application Packet (pdf ).
The Columbus Technical College Application Fee is $25.
If you have not been enrolled at CTC for the last two consecutive quarters please use the Re-admit Application.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States and documentation will be required before you are eligible for consideration of in-state tuition:
- A current Driver’s License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current Driver’s License or ID from::
- Alabama: Issued after August 1, 2000
- Florida: Issued after January 1, 2010
- South Carolina: Issued after November 1, 2008
- Tennessee: Issued after May 29, 2004.
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- An approved completed FAFSA for the current financial aid year.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form 1-151 or 1-551).
- A current, valid military identification card for active duty soldiers or veterans.
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
Any student who cannot be verified as lawfully present in the United States is not eligible to be considered for in-state tuition, regardless of how long he or she has lived in Georgia. In addition to being lawfully present in the United States, students must meet the in-state tuition requirements as outlined in TCSG Board Policy and Procedure V.B.3 to warrant an in-state classification. Students that are initially classified as out-of-state and successfully petition to have their residency changed to in-state also have to meet the verification requirement.
Items needed for Proof of Georgia Residency – In-State Tuition
You may use our Request for Official School Transcript form (113kb, pdf ) to request transcripts be sent to Columbus Technical College from another institution. Mail the completed form to the school from which you need a transcript.