FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Definitions
- Murder and Non negligent Manslaughter
- As a general rule, any death due to injuries received in a fight, argument, quarrel, assault, or commission of a crime.
- Negligent Manslaughter
- The killing of another person through gross negligence. This offense does not include “Vehicular Manslaughter” which is reportable as “All Other Offenses”.
- Sex Offenses / Forcible
- Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or, not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent.
- Sex Offenses / Non-Forcible
- Acts of unlawful, non-forcible sexual intercourse, and include incest and statutory rape.
- The taking, or attempting to take, anything of value under confrontational circumstances from the control, custody, or care of another person, or persons, by force or threat of force or violence and/or putting the victim in fear of immediate harm.
- Aggravated Assault
- An unlawful attack by one person upon another wherein the offender uses a weapon or displays it in a threatening manner, or the victim suffers obvious severe or aggravated bodily injury involving apparent broken bones, loss of teeth, possible internal injury, severe laceration, or loss of consciousness.
- The unlawful entry into a building or other structure with intent to commit a felony or theft.
- To unlawfully and intentionally damage, or attempt to damage, any real or personal property by fire or incendiary device.
- Motor Vehicle Theft
- The taking or attempting to take a motor vehicle. A motor vehicle is a self-propelled vehicle that runs on the surface of land and not on rails.
- Liquor Law Violations
- The violations of laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transportation, possession, or use of alcoholic beverages.
- Drug Law Violations
- The unlawful cultivation, manufacture, distribution, sale, purchase, use, possession, transportation, importation of any controlled drug or narcotic substance.
- Weapon Law Violations
- The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, possession, transportation, concealment, or use of firearms, cutting instruments, explosives, incendiary devices or other deadly weapons.
Definitions of CategoriesFor purposes of reporting the statistics with the crimes described below, an institution of higher education shall distinguish, by means of separate categories, any criminal offenses that occur.
- On Campus
- (1) Any building or property owned or controlled by an institution within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area and used by the institution in direct support of, or in a manner related to, the institution’s educational purposes, including residence halls; and (2) any building or property that is within or reasonably contiguous to the area identified in statement (1) of this definition, that is owned by the institution but controlled by another person, is frequently used by students, and supports institutional purposes (such as a food or other retail vendor). On Campus statistics are the total cumulative offenses committed On Campus, in Residence Halls or Other Residential Facilities, in Non-Campus Building or Property and on Public Property.
- Residence Halls or Other Residential Facilities
- Includes only those crimes that were reported to have occurred in residence halls or other residential facilities.
- Non-Campus Building or Property
- (1) Any building or property owned or controlled by a student or organization that is officially recognized by the institution; or (2) Any building or property owned or controlled by an institution that is used in direct support of, or in relation to, the institution’s educational purposes, is frequently used by students, and is not within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area of the institution.
- Public Property
- All public property, including thoroughfares, streets, sidewalks, and parking facilities, that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
Statistics for Columbus Technical College
|Forcible Sex Offenses||0||0||0|
|Non-forcible Sex Offenses||0||0||0|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||0||1||2|
|Liquor Law Violations||0||0||0|
|Drug Abuse Violation||0||1||0|
|Liquor Law Violations||0||0||0|
|Drug Abuse Violations||0||1||0|