Information literacy is a set of abilities requiring individuals to “recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information” (American Library Association). There are seven lessons to familiarize the student with different aspects of information literacy. These lessons have been adapted from the the seven modules in Connect for Success by Tara Cassidy at Virginia’s Community Colleges. All materials are being used with permission.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to Information Literacy – Quiz 1
- Lesson 2 – Introduction to the Information World – Quiz 2
- Lesson 3 – Searching Library Databases – Quiz 3
- Lesson 4 – Finding Information Resources – Quiz 4
- Lesson 5 – Using Web Resources – Quiz 5
- Lesson 6 – Evaluating Sources of Information – Quiz 6
- Lesson 7 – Citing Sources and Fair Use Lesson – Quiz 7
- Post test
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.