How long is a book check out?
- A book checks out for two weeks at a time.
How many items can I check out?
- Students can check out up to four nonfiction items at once. Students can check out a total of ten items. Ask a librarian if you need assistance.
Can I renew my item?
- You can renew an item you have checked out once. You cannot renew the item if it is on hold for someone else.
What can I not check out?
- Magazines, any item with a REF call number in the Reference section, anything on course reserve RIL, and newspapers cannot be checked out.
Where can I pick up a book on course reserve?
- These items can be picked up at the Circulation Desk. In the Catalog, an item that says Reserve In-Library or has a call number RIL can only be checked out for a few hours to allow all students access to the material.
Where are the Computer Programs or call number CP located?
- Computer program disks are located behind the Circulation Desk. Please ask for assistance if you wish to check out a computer program.
How are fines calculated?
- An overdue item gets charged 10 cents a day for every day that it is late. If you lose an item, you must pay the full cost of the material and an additional 10 dollar processing fee.
Why can’t I use my Library account to check out items?
- Your library account may have expired. Ask a librarian to renew your account. You may also have too much in library fines. Please pay your fines before you check out additional materials.
What happens if I do not pay my fines?
- Your student account will be blocked and you will not be able to register for classes. You will also not be able to graduate until your account has been cleared.
How much is it to print?
- Printing is 10 cents a page for black and white. Color printing is available on printer 700-01 and costs 50 cents a page. You can pick up your color print at the Circulation Desk.
How can I get more money on my printing account?
- The Library sells print cards in various monetary increments. You can purchase print cards at the Circulation Desk with cash only. If you wish to pay by check or credit card, you must purchase your print cards in the Hartline Administration Building. If you are having trouble redeeming your card, please ask a librarian for assistance.
Can I fax documents at the Library?
- The Library provides a free faxing service for numbers within the (706) area code. For any other number, the Library charges 10 cents per minute. A free fax cover sheet is included.
Where can I make copies?
- Copies may be made by scanning material and sending to a cell phone, emailed or printed on a local printer
Can I reserve a study room?
- The Library has five (5) study carrels. These cannot be reserved except for students with proctored test requirements. One study room has special software for visually impaired students and we ask that you give patrons with these needs preference to use the study room. One room is reserved for faculty use and they should be given preference for this study room. Groups can study in the Justice Law Collection area, but please be mindful of your noise levels. Groups may also request the conference room and multi-use rooms for group study.
What is Inter Library Loan (ILL)?
- ILL is a service provided to allow students to check out books from other libraries if our library does not have the item in question. There is an online ILL Form. You cannot get textbooks through ILL. Ask at the Circulation Desk for more information.
How can I contact a librarian?
- Aside from visiting the library, we have many ways a student can connect with a librarian. You can email us at Library@columbustech.edu. You can call us at (706) 649-1852. You can find us by our online username ctclib. You can also text us short questions at (706) 225-9170. Standard text messaging rates from your wireless plan apply for each message sent or received.
What is the GALILEO password?
- Please ask a librarian for assistance. We cannot give out this information over the phone or online without verifying that you are a current student or faculty member. You can also check the current password by logging in into Black Board and viewing the right side bar.
How do I find online articles for my research?
- Use databases within GALILEO to find articles. Remember to select Full Text for the best results.
Can I schedule an appointment with a librarian to help me with my research?
- Yes. Please email us at Library@columbustech.edu. We would be happy to assist you. Call or ask as the circulation desk for an appointment
How can I get help online from the Library?
- A librarian can be reached online on a limited basis through AIM, Google Talk, MSN, Yahoo! Messenger, and Skype. Our user name is ctclib. There are additional resources in the Program Guides. You can also use the live chat box on the right hand side bar when available. Please be aware that some complex questions may be best suited to help in person. You can also email us at Library@columbustech.edu.