In addition to the Checklist Items required to be accepted to Columbus Technical College, you will have extra requirements that pertain to the CDL program only. The CDL Requirements are listed below with an explanation of each one. Please pay close attention to the requirements that cannot be submitted more than 30 days prior to the start of classes. Although Fall Semester 2023 begins on August 14, there is not yet an official start date for the CDL classes. The training track is currently under construction but will be done in time to begin classes in late October.
You will be communicated with via email and text message as we have a better idea of when the official start date will be. Remember, do not get your 7-year Motor Vehicle Report or DOT Physical/Drug Screen until you get an official start date from us.
Please contact Admissions with questions at 706.649.1847.
CDL – Driver’s License – 18 years or older
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be age 18 or older
CDL – Class A Learner’s Permit
- Permit is issued from the Department of Driver Services
- You can download a copy of the study guide here
CDL – 7-year Motor Vehicle Record
- The MVR must be obtained no more than 30 days prior to the start of class
- Cannot have more than 8 points
- Cannot have 4 moving violations within a year
- NO DUI in the last 3 years
CDL – Department of Transportation Physical Exam
- Must have Class A Permit card to obtain
CDL – Department of Transportation Drug Screen
- Must have Class A Permit to obtain
- Must be obtained no more than 30 days prior to the start of class