For a quick reference click HERE!!. Most of your Financial Aid questions can be answered in our Financial Aid FAQ.
Campus Logic is coming soon to Columbus Technical College Financial Aid! Soon, we are introducing a new easy, mobile, personalized process that makes everything about navigating financial aid easier. Providing the best student experience is important to us, and we heard your feedback loud and clear. You want to be able to complete Financial Aid processes on your own time, on the device of your preference.
- We’re proud to say that soon all Columbus Technical College students will be able to:
- Complete financial aid forms on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Securely upload documents from any device.
- E-sign documents—both you and your parents!
- Manage your financial aid tasks online
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
FAFSA Federal School Code: 005624
If you need assistance filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, please call 1-800-433-3243.
Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
Financial aid is available to qualified students from a variety of federal and state sources. Students receiving financial aid from any Title IV Program and/or State grant will be required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and complete at least 66.66 percent (cumulative) of the scheduled credits for each term. Students receiving the HOPE Scholarship are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at certain checkpoints.
Students receiving the Zell Miller Scholarship are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.3 at certain checkpoints. Students receiving the Zell Miller Grant are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on HOPE-paid hours at the end of each term.
Students are ineligible for any financial aid (federal or state) if they are:
- In default on a previous educational loan or owe a refund on any grant.
- Enrolled as an unclassified student or special admit.
- Enrolled in a business & industry training center course or any course that does not lead to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
Types of assistance offered include grants, scholarships, loan, and private loans.
HOPE Award Amounts 2019-2020
Students wishing to apply for assistance should review the Financial Aid Programs available with the Financial Aid office or please call 706.649.1859.
Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for all federal and state financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 28, 2019, THE IRS WILL NO LONGER FAX TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPTS!
- Go to irs.gov
- Click on "GET YOUR TAX RECORD"
- Click on "GET TRANSCRIPT ONLINE".
- Contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-844-545-5640.
- Press option 1 for English then option 1 again for the appointment line.
- Make an appointment to receive a print out of your tax return transcript from the local IRS office located at:
6068 Business Park Drive
Columbus, Georgia 31909
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.