We are excited that you are considering Columbus Technical College. Below you will find all the information you need to successfully apply and be admitted.
If you would like to visit campus to see our programs and speak with staff, we have weekly campus tours.
If you have not been enrolled at CTC for the last two consecutive semesters please use the Re-admit Application.
Readmission of Service Members
For students who are returning to the college after military service, Columbus Technical College will promptly readmit a service member with the same academic status as you had when last attending the college or accepted for admission to the college.
For more information, please call 706-649-1847 or email email@example.com
- Online Admission Application for new applicants
- Print Admissions Application (pdf) – when you complete the application, please mail, fax or deliver it to the college using the contact information provided on the application
- Online admissions application through GAfutures.org. This is especially recommended for high school, HOPE and Zell Miller scholarship applicants.
Please Note: the Columbus Technical College Application Fee is $25. For more information, call 706-649-1847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Students
Click on this Dual Enrollment link for more information.
Please use the International Student Application Packet.
The Columbus Technical College Application Fee is $25.
For more information, please call 706-649-1847 or email email@example.com.
A mini-mester is a “miniature semester” that takes place midway through a semester. At Columbus Tech, the accelerated mini-mester will run about 7.5 weeks. Even though the terms are shorter, they earn the same credit hours as a traditional, full-length semester. In other words, it’s a fast-track format. These courses are only available to CTC students who are currently enrolled for less than 12 hours and for new, already accepted students. Here is a list of courses available for the upcoming mini-mester.
Request for transcripts to be sent to Columbus Technical College
You may use our Request for Official School Transcript form to request transcripts be sent to Columbus Technical College from another institution. Mail the completed form to the school from which you need a transcript.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state or and out-of-state tuition waiver must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States and documentation will be required before you are eligible for consideration of in-state tuition, or an out-of-state waiver:
- Students who file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and are eligible for federal student aid under Title IV will have their lawful presence verified as part of the FAFSA process.
- A clear copy of an original or certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory, A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240). The copy must very clearly show the raised or written seal to be acceptable.
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- Unexpired Georgia and select out of state Drivers licenses and state ID cards can be accepted under certain conditions. It must be a Real ID and not contain any of the verbiage in the chart below. If the copy received has the top portion of the card cut off the document will not satisfy lawful presence
- A current military ID (service member only, not dependent). Documented using the Confirmation of Review of Military ID Worksheet – A photocopy is not acceptable.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551). We require both the front & back sides of your Permanent Resident Card to be submitted. It must not expire before the first day of class of the term the student will start classes.
- Students admitted on an F, J or M Visa will have their lawful presence verified through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Students admitted on any other Visa will have their lawful presence verified through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program.
|State||DL/ID Requirements for Acceptance|
|Alabama||Must NOT be marked “FN”|
|Alaska||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|California||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term.” Instruction Permits, Commercial Learner’s Permits, and temporary licenses cannot be accepted.|
|Delaware||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term” or “Temporary”|
|Florida||Must NOT be marked “Temporary”|
|Georgia||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Idaho||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Iowa||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Kentucky||Must NOT be marked “Not for REAL ID purposes”|
|Louisiana||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Maryland||Must NOT indicate “T” restriction|
|Missouri||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Montana||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term” or “Temporary”|
|Nevada||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|North Carolina||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Ohio||Must NOT indicate that it is “nonrenewable and nontransferable”|
|Oklahoma||Must NOT be marked “Temporary”|
|South Carolina||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Tennessee||Must NOT be marked “Temporary”|
|Texas||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term” or “Temporary”|
|Vermont||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
|Wisconsin||Must NOT be marked “Limited Term”|
Any student who cannot be verified as lawfully present in the United States is not eligible to be considered for in-state tuition, or an out-of-state waiver, regardless of how long he or she has lived in Georgia. In addition to being lawfully present in the United States, students must meet the in-state tuition requirements as outlined in TCSG Board Policy and Procedure V.B.3 to warrant an in-state classification. Students that are initially classified as out-of-state and successfully petition to have their residency changed to in-state also have to meet the verification requirement.
Items needed for Proof of Georgia Residency – In-State Tuition