CTC at a Glance
- The annual enrollment for the 2016 Academic Year (AY) at Columbus Technical College was 5,231 students.
- During AY2016, Columbus Technical College boasted a total job placement rate of approximately 97% with nearly 78% in field (this includes continuing education, military, and employed in a related field).
- About 90% of all Columbus Technical College graduates are employed within 50 miles of Columbus.
- Nearly all Columbus Technical College students receive some sort of financial aid. In AY2016, 2,570 students received the federal Pell grant, 1,920 earned HOPE, 705 collected Veterans Assistance, 81 were awarded local scholarship monies, 27 qualified for Vocational Rehab funds, and 9 were assisted through the Dislocated Worker program.
- Residents of Columbus, Georgia make up 64.5% of the student body of Columbus Technical College. Nearly all of the remaining students reside in a county adjacent to Muscogee County.
- AY2016 saw 962 total students graduate from Columbus Technical College. The college awarded 861 Technical Certificates of Credit, 190 Diplomas, and 469 Associate Degrees. (Note: some students received multiple awards.)
- The main campus consists of approximately 13.6 acres on the south side of Manchester Expressway, 20 acres on the north side, and 26 acres on River Road.
- Columbus Technical College, through its Economic Development Department, provided training assistance to 264 companies and 38,988 training hours in AY2016.