The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports the mission of Columbus Technical College by fostering an institutional culture of continuous quality improvement in our academic, student support, and administrative programs.
The IE office serves to partner with all divisions and functions of the Collet to promote excellence in student learning, educational practices and quality of service by establishing and maintaining a campus culture of self-evaluation and improvement at all levels of the institution.
Institutional Effectiveness is the systematic, explicit and documented process of measuring institutional performance against mission in all aspects of the college (SACSCOC, 2015).
The College recognizes the need for planning and assessing and is committed to the process.
At Columbus Technical College, all planning units of the college engage in an institutional effectiveness process that involves the following steps:
- Write a meaningful mission/purpose statement that aligns with the mission of the College;
- Establish goals and objectives that operationalize the Mission
- Write expected outcomes statements (including student learning outcomes);
- Assess the extent to which these outcomes have been achieved; and
- Provide evidence of improvement based on analysis of the results.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness serves the College in the following areas:
- Accreditation – The Office supports continuous improvement of accreditation practices through College-wide accreditation by the Southern Association Of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and a wide range of Program accreditations and approvals.
- Strategic and Annual Planning Process. All units of the College are required to produce annual plans for improvement through the objective setting process including Student Learning Outcomes.
- Institutional Research and Data Analysis. The College is committed to developing a culture of Assessment and Data-driven decision-making.
- Program Review and Outcomes Assessment. Promoting continuous improvement through the use of assessment data to increase student success.
- Completion Initiatives
- Complete College Georgia
Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness