Columbus Tech welcomes students who have previously attended other colleges or universities. If you have ever attempted college courses at another institution, you are a considered a transfer student and would need to complete the simple steps below:
- Complete the application for admission and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit an official copy of your high school or high school equivalency transcript. Transfer applicants who submit an official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university that shows one of the following does not need to submit their high school transcript:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher do not need to submit their high school transcript.
- Completion of 12 semester or 18 quarter credit hours of coursework.
- Completion of degree-level math and English course.
- Submit proof of lawful presence to qualify for in-state tuition. View the list of acceptable lawful presence documents to learn more.
Students who wish to have prior college credit evaluated for transfer or intend on using a funding source that requires the evaluation of prior college credit, such as HOPE Scholarship or Veterans Educational Benefits, must submit all post-secondary transcripts along with their admission application.