The Academic Advisement Center at Columbus Technical College is designed to assist students with career paths and give them guidance on how to achieve their goals. Through advising, the student will be able to make informed decisions and facilitate the academic plan best suited for them. Experienced advisors guide and empower you with the information necessary to plan a schedule that works for you, your family, your job and any other outside commitments you may have.
Come see us!
Faculty and Staff
Felicia Harris, Manager
Tracy Hayes, Advisor
Dr. N. Temple Ogundu, Advisor
Carl Patrick Hall room P-200
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Walk-in Advisement: Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Academic Advisors assist students with:
- Navigation of Columbus Technical College’s web site
- Directions to the information necessary for your “Program of Intent”
- Advice on course sequence of required prerequisites
- Academic planning
- Guidance for the online registration process
- Referrals to the CARE Center and Support labs
- Answering academic-related questions
Students will be responsible for:
- Becoming familiar with Columbus Technical College’s web site
- Being knowledgeable about the requirements of their “Program of Intent”
- Preparing a course schedule each semester
- Being familiar with the academic calendar for registration dates, graduation requirements, withdraw deadlines, payment of fees, Drop/Add, etc.
- Having their proper ID badge and parking decal
- Attending all scheduled classes on a regular basis
Please Note: Academic Advisors will make suggestions and recommendations on how a student may achieve the goals he/she has set, however, it is the ultimate responsibility of the student to meet the requirements of their chosen program.
For information on Columbus Technical College’s academic policies, click here.