Why invest in high-priced driving lessons when you can take an affordable, state-approved driver’s education course at Columbus Technical College?
Our driver’s education course is appropriate for all learners, regardless of age and meets the Joshua’s Law requirement. The course contains two parts—30 hours of lecture and six hours of behind the wheel driving using a Columbus Tech vehicle. Students under 18 years of age must have a learner’s permit to enroll.
Instructor-led sessions are currently conducted online. All recommended safety guidelines are followed to ensure the safety of the instructor and student when the vehicle is driven.
- Parent-Child Orientation (students under 18)
- Managing Risk When Driving
- Traffic Laws
- The Effects of Alcohol and Other Drugs on Driving
- The Effects of Distractions, and Drowsiness on Driving
- Adverse Driving Conditions and Emergencies
- 6 Hours Behind-the-Wheel with a Certified Instructor
Course Fee: $350
Regulations require students to attend class for a designated, specific number of hour. An additional charge of $38.00 will be incurred for each absence and missed assignment.
*Note: Voucher information must be presented to the program director within 30 days of issuance. Students are required to provide the voucher number and date of issuance.
The 30/6 hour Driver’s Education course contains two parts—lecture and six hours of behind the wheel driving. Students must pass both parts to receive the DDS certificate of completion.
Part I – Lecture
Each student 15-17 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for orientation, and completion of registration and legal documents.
- ALL studentsunder the age of 18 MUST bring the following to the first session:
- Learner’s Permit
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP) Form
- Proof of school attendance (class schedule, letter from school administrator, or most recent grade report)
- Students without vouchers OR who are 18 years old, are NOT required to provide proof of ADAP and School Attendance.
Part II – Behind the Wheel Driving
The required six hours of behind the wheel driving is scheduled individually for students. Unless otherwise indicated, driving is conducted at 928 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA 31904.
How do I register for the Driver’s Education Course?
- Complete the online registration form below.
- You will be contacted by email to confirm your start date for the next available class.