Columbus Technical College Financial Aid has partnered with Campus Logic! We have introduced a new easy, mobile, personalized process that makes everything about navigating financial aid easier. Providing the best student experience is important to us, and we heard your feedback loud and clear. You want to be able to complete Financial Aid processes on your own time, on the device of your preference. We are proud to say that all Columbus Technical College students are able to:
- We’re proud to say that soon all Columbus Technical College students will be able to:
- Complete financial aid forms on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Securely upload documents from any device.
- E-sign documents—both you and your parents!
- Manage your financial aid tasks online
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In order to apply for all financial aid programs, students are required to complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA can be found at www.fafsa.gov. The application is available beginning October 1 through June 30. While CTC does not have an application deadline, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The established priority processing deadline to submit financial aid paperwork is two weeks prior to the end of the registration period of each term. This deadline is to ensure your aid pays prior to the payment deadline. Documents submitted after the priority deadline will still be processed, but it may not be done in time to guarantee aid paying out prior to the tuition deadline. Students submitting paperwork after the priority deadline are encouraged to make other payment arrangements to avoid a late payment fee. Typically, FAFSAs are processed within five business days. The Federal Shopping Sheet, formerly known as an award letter, is sent to students via email from the Department of Education.
FAFSA Federal School Code: 005624
If you need assistance filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, please call 1-800-433-3243.
Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
Financial aid is available to qualified students from a variety of federal and state sources. Students receiving financial aid from any Title IV Program and/or State grant will be required to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and complete at least 66.66 percent (cumulative) of the scheduled credits for each term. Students receiving the HOPE Scholarship are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at certain checkpoints.
Students receiving the Zell Miller Scholarship are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.3 at certain checkpoints. Students receiving the Zell Miller Grant are required to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on HOPE-paid hours at the end of each term.
Students are ineligible for any financial aid (federal or state) if they are:
- In default on a previous educational loan or owe a refund on any grant.
- Enrolled as an unclassified student or special admit.
- Enrolled in a business & industry training center course or any course that does not lead to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
Types of assistance offered include grants, scholarships, loan, and private loans.
Students wishing to apply for assistance should review the Financial Aid Programs available with the Financial Aid office or please call 706.649.1859.
Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for all federal and state financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 28, 2019, THE IRS WILL NO LONGER FAX TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPTS!
- Go to irs.gov
- Click on “GET YOUR TAX RECORD“
- Click on “GET TRANSCRIPT ONLINE“.
- Contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-844-545-5640.
- Press option 1 for English then option 1 again for the appointment line.
- Make an appointment to receive a print out of your tax return transcript from the local IRS office located at:
6068 Business Park Drive
Columbus, Georgia 31909
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.